Monday, January 08, 2007



Wanted to try something using an actual model and not a photograph.....so picked this buddhist statue since im not confident enought to paint a person yet....... will get there someday....
dont know what possessed me to try something this complicated becoz it has lots of detailed carving....i tried to get it as close as possible..... now i realise why its easier with a photograph...the perspective shifts if i tilt my head...and i cant zoom in :)...
i ran out of time on this one so just somehow finished it.....

5 comments:

pink hippo said...

Very Nice!! I love to see the way you are progressing with every effort :)

Vin

Hrishi said...

Awesome. My god, how much you have improved. You are inspiring me to start my own blog.

poonam said...

at last u done wid it haa!
i hv seen this painting progress everyday and leme tell u it has come out very well.. u are improving for sure buddy... keep it going

Kamal said...

great work!!

ENVY said...

wow, glad u are taking out much time for painting and stuff...sld start myself at some pt...great work bhavika..